Friday, September 4, 2009

Cirque Cirque Summer

So I actually got started on my summer reading today, deciding to stay home. I got invited to go to about three places today, but I stayed put. My father kind of scolded me the night before for always being out of the house after practice had already ended. I've actually thought about what he said, and he is sort of right. I'm planning to go to a friend's house on Monday for a "last day before school party" so I can't spoil anything right now.

I have decided to recreate the back and front covers of the book I'm reading. At first I wanted to do a portrait of the protagonist with descriptive quotes framing his or her face; but I had already read five book and didn't bother to write them down as I went. I'm far too lazy to be looking back into my book for those quotes. :D Reading Cirque all summer has played towards my advantage, seeing that I'm actually willing to read it. I'm on book 5 now and still going strong! A few nights ago, I made some rough sketches of what I wanted to paint, and here's the front cover so far! I am very proud of how it came out..I just hope the teacher has decent lighting to see the color contrasts! Its a dark painting after all. And now all that is left is the back cover..where I also have to write a blurb an a bunch of stuff..bummer.

0 comments: