Thursday, December 24, 2009

Are We Even Celebrating At All?

Happy Christmas Eve, world. and I guess disregard that if you dont celebrate lol. Being able to wake up late without any worries is such a blessing. Today was my sister's birthday and we just totally celebrated low-key. Around noon, my mom and I sang to my sister as she stood over a tiny Carvel cake. We ate spaghetti;: very common in Filipino celebrations. [I think it's for good luck or something] Its so depressing how my family comes about celebrating the holidays. By 9PM I was sitting exactly where I am now as my dad shut his door, ready to head in for the night. My mom is at work and my brother's gone. My 21 year old sister did not even get piss drunk. This is typically how it is with any holiday -sigh- You get used to it...as much as you don't want to.

0 comments: