Saturday, May 22, 2010

Proven Socially-Improved On A Birthday

Today was a very good day in terms of improving my social self. Today I went with Kim to her friend Nicole's birthday party. I was nervous at first because I have been to Bloomfield parties with the same people before and I didn't allow myself to to talk to new people easily; I was too nervous. Over the past few years, especially this one, i felt like I have gotten better at it and today actually proved that. Firstly, thanks to the help of the best friend and Nicole, I got "formally" introduced to everyone. The actually made things feel more comfortable for me. From there, I let the day take me as it could. I talked when I could, there is no doubt it that. Sometimes I was limited to input because they would talk about people at school or teachers that I couldn't relate to at all. Still, I put myself out there, being the nice, friendly person I am capable of being. I should look down on the fact that I texted the whole time, though. Part of the reason why I did so was that I missed him. I kept checking my phone to look at my wallpaper of the photobooth pictures from Dorney Park. It brought a smile to my face every time. At one point I said good-bye and that I would text him later, but about 10 minutes later, I texted back saying "I miss you already." I couldn't help myself. The other reason was that the amount I could give in to being social was limited, so I would find myself just sitting around. Texting helped fill that void. By the end of the night, we sat in and watched the Hangover. Funnay Movie!! Photo is of a girl we made out of glow-sticks laid out on the grass :D Happy Birthday, Nicole Alcordo! :)

0 comments: